Modern 2018(ish) love songs for your first dance
While Louis Armstrong’s rendition of “What a Wonderful World” may be one couple’s cup of tea, your personality is urging for something a bit more…modern. Who says you can’t play the songs reflected on your iPhone for your first dance? Here, i’ve selected a list of great songs that aren’t only cool to dance to, they’re also great for that first dance with your true love.
1. Perfect – Ed Sheeran
2. Let It Go – James Bay
3. For You – Rita Ora & Liam Payne
4. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
5. One Call Away – Charlie Puth
6. My Love (acoustic version) – Jess Glynne
7. Say You Wont Let Go – James Arthur
8. Rewrite The Stars – The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
9. Dream Catch Me – Newton Faulkner
10. Only Love – Ben Howard
11. Morning Light – Justin Timberlake ft Alicia Keys
12. One Day Like This – Elbow
13. Love – Lana Del Ray
14. Amazed – Lonestar
15. Love Story – Taylor Swift
16. Latch – Sam Smith
17. Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
18. Good Riddance – Greenday
19. Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
20. Everlong (acoustic version) – Foo Fighters
Weather it was the song that played on your first date or the background music to your first kiss, your first dance song should capture the spirit of how you feel about each other, and fit your personal expression.
If you or your partner are having trouble deciding what song you should play as your first dance you can always save another favourite for the last song of the evening!
As wedding season is fast approaching, we are looking forward to DJing at many venues in and around our base in Marlow including Lillibrooke Manor, Waddesdon Manor, Notley Abbey, Manor Farm Barn and Fredricks Hotel in Maidenhead. If you are having trouble with your first dance or any other aspect of your wedding music please get in touch. I am only too happy to help!