Last dance songs are the ones that end your wedding reception on a high. For the majority of your wedding guests, this is their final chance to shake their stuff on the dance floor, celebrate a truly awesome day and give you the a perfect send-off.
Always get your DJ (or band, or whoever’s running your playlist) to announce that it’s the last song so everyone gets to the dance floor.
There are two main choices for last dance tracks 1) An upbeat party song that everyone will sing along to and dance like a loon – Mr Brightside is the perfect example. 2) A romantic slow dance to end your wedding on a tender note, think. ‘All Of Me’ By John Legend. Both are equally great.
If you want a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that all your guests will know the words to, pick a 70s/80s/90s tune like something from ABBA, Journey or Queen. If you want to go modern, make sure it’s not too obscure. Adele or Ed Sheeran are great, but David Guetta’s new track might have passed your older guests by.
Maybe you had 2 choices for the first dance? Perfect time to get that other track on the playlist but right at the very end of the evening! To be absolutely honest the last track is totally down to you. So pick whatever it is you want. I have DJed at over 46 weddings this year and at every single one the remaining guests have always danced to the last song regardless of what it is!
2019 really has been a great year and here are my very best 25 tracks that ended the night perfectly!
25. Dont Stop Me Now – Queen / Hayleigh & Jack, Manor Farm Barn
24. We Found Love – Calvin Harris & Rihanna / Paige & Bertie, Down Hall Hotel
23. Superstition – Stevie Wonder / Jen & Ian, Bisham Abbey
22. Run This Town – Rihanna & Jay Z / Maddy & Max, Dorton House
21. New York New York – Frank Sinatra / Fran & Nick, Lillibrooke Manor
20. All My Friends – LCD Sound System / Katy & Thomas, Royal Bershire Hotel
19. Wonderwall – Oasis / Jess & Joe,, Milton Hill House
18. Never Forget – Take That / Sharon & John, Fredrick’s Hotel & Spa
17. High Hopes – Panic at The Disco! / Rosie & Mark, The Dairy Waddesdon Manor
16. Dont Stop Believing – Journey / Christina & Dave, Monks Barn
15. All These Things That Ive Done – The Killers / Katy & Max, Manor Farm Barn
14. Rewind – Artful Dodger / Tamara & Dean, The Old Regent Ballroom
13. Champagne Supernova – Oasis / Becky & Eddie, The Olde Bell Hurley
12. Marry You – Bruno Mars / Ellie & Steve, Dorney Court Windsor
11. Champagne Supernova – Oasis / Becky & Eddie, The Olde Bell Hurley
10. Ive Had The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley / Jack & Jess, Sanford Springs
9. Will We Talk – Sam Fender / Clare & Tony, Notley Abbey
8. Shotgun – George Ezra / Ben & Tracy, Anyhoe Park
7. Good Riddance (Time Of My Life) – Greenday / Lisa & Mark, Compleat Angler
6. One Love – Bob Marley – / Sammy & Anton, Chicherley Hall
5. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd / Fiona & Ollie, Sindlesham Court
4. Dancing In The Moonlight – Toploader / Holly & Harry, Thame Barns Centre
3. I Cant Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley / Louise & Josh, Highfield Park
2. Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis / Jenny & Toby, Hamden House
1. Castle On The Hill – Ed Sheeran / Annie & Andy, Lains Barn
Website – www.smdiscos.com
Instagram – SM_DISCOS_
Facebook – SM Discos Facebook